One of Blake’s many strengths is building relationships across all stakeholders and getting “buy-in” prior to full implementation of policy and strategy.
Blake has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Macro Level Strategy
- Sales & Marketing
- Chief Investment Officer
- Corporate Real Estate Transactions
- Elected Official
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Development Incentives
- Real Estate Strategy
- Government Relations
- Municipal Bond Programs
- Infrastructure Assessment
- Planning & Zoning
- Organizational Analysis
- General Aviation Airport Planning
- Advanced level work experience that demonstrates the ability to handle complex issues in customer/client situations and typically apply highly developed analytical skills to lead and direct subordinates. Work effectively with people at all levels and regularly deal with senior and executive level personnel.
- Highly skilled in delivering quality work products that meet the organization’s priorities, objectives, and deadlines. Trained others in this activity and am referred upon by others to offer expert assistance delivering quality work products that meet the organization’s priorities, objectives, and deadlines.
- Served in leadership positions that have afforded the opportunity to be the primary facilitator of managing change and bringing together differing viewpoints and philosophies to accomplish a common goal.
- Highly skilled in delivering quality work products that meet the organization’s priorities, objectives, and deadlines.
- Develops new insights and innovative approaches to achieve improvements in policies, programs and processes. Adapts technology in new ways, creates an environment that encourages innovation and initiates new or cutting-edge programs or processes that result in increased productivity.
- Understands the internal and external politics that impact an organization by approaching problems with a clear perception and consideration of political realities. In addition, when seeking to enlist the support of key individuals, considers what stake they have in the issue and offer sound recommendations to my management reporting lines on strategies for handling these political sensitivities.
- Key member of the FDIC team managing bank mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiation activities with failed banks with total assets of over $18 billion.
- Earned multiple performance awards for outstanding contributions and achievements to the division.
CEO, Dallas, Texas
- Created a results-driven real estate outsourcing company. Increased gross revenue 11% while reducing expenses 2.5%.
- Developed successful areas of expertise and competencies in: development of corporate strategy, portfolio optimizations management, strategic planning, monetization of real estate assets, acquisition/disposition management & analysis, and Headquarters/Campus analysis.
- Property types included realignment of professional office, negotiation of both new leases as well as termination of existing leases, retail, and vacant land owned by clients ranging from publicly traded companies to regional private equity funds.
Real Estate Transactions & Asset Management
- Negotiated and successfully completed the liquidation of real estate assets earlier than originally projected.
- $187 million portfolio consisted of retail and office buildings, warehouses, mixed-use properties and subordinated B & C tranche notes.
- Delivered ROI exceeded projections and sale proceeds exceeded book value by +11.5%.
- United Dominion Realty Trust, Richmond, Virginia and Dallas, Texas 1997 – 2001 Fourth largest REIT in U.S. (NYSE – UDR) $4 Billion market cap and 76,000 units located nationally
Senior Vice President – Real Estate Transactions & Asset Management
- Negotiated approximately $1.5 billion for 97 transactions (60% acquisitions and 40% dispositions). All of the acquired/developed properties met or exceeded the original pro-forma.
- Developed and managed the execution of property acquisitions, development and disposition strategies.
- As a player/coach, led the transaction team of 15 members and provided support throughout each transaction as appropriate.
- Established processes, controls, reporting and monitoring for complicated and high-velocity transaction activities.
- Collaborated closely with cross functional groups tracking actual financial performance against proforma projections and ensure optimal implementation of each asset’s strategic plan before and after every completed project or deal closing.
- Completed sixteen 1031 like-kind tax deferred exchanges and reverse exchanges.
Vice President – Real Estate Transactions
- Sourced, financially evaluated, negotiated, and led due diligence, for the purchase of retail centers, office buildings and multi-family assets in Texas, Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
- Acquired ten properties, all met or exceeded the targeted financial projections.
- Elected Official – Mayor Pro Tempore of Addison, Texas (2009-2015)
- Board of Director of these Organizations (Past or Current): Water Tower Theater, North Dallas Chamber, Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce
- Advisor to the Ardmore Oklahoma Municipal Airport & Addison Airport, Addison, Texas Chairman of the Addison Legacy Foundation Fund
- Inactive Real Estate Broker licenses in Michigan & Florida